Friday, July 6, 2007

"The ironic clinical universe"

That's how super-designer (sorry, I mean "The Prince of Design") Ora-ito refers to the Smiley brand line of antidepressant-infused beauty and skincare products. If you too receive the Daily (Reminder that You're Poor) Candy e-newsletter, you may already know what I'm talking about. I don't know, I like to keep my irony and my antidepressants separate. Especially where an actual transaction of actual money is involved.

Anyway, I see no point in taking a chance on happy pills Quisinart-ed into shampoo and face cleanser when exfoliating my liver with vodka tonics has long proven effective.

Also: given the sexual side effects of most SSRIs, antidepressants in lube seems a particularly hard sell.

The site offers an extensive explanation about what's in their concoctions, but after watching this video I am convinced the active ingredient is Ecstasy.

No comments: